1. How long have you been coming to Art House Studios? I have been going to art house studios since I was in Kindergarten. I’m now in year 5 because I never wanted to stop. I enjoyed it from the beginning.
2. What do you like to draw? Sometimes I feel like sketching faces but most of the time I prefer to draw anything to do with nature, especially greenery and definitely water. Water can look so different from different perspectives and can have so many interesting coloured reflections.
3. What do you like to paint? My favourite thing to paint is landscapes, anything from a country view to a sunset or even underwater scenery.
4. Who is your favourite artist? I like Monet, especially his landscapes and waterlillies and bridge with overgrown plants.
5. What do you love about after school art classes? I love that I get to let myself be creative with other people who are just like me. I also love the great techniques that I learn every time.
6. How does art enrich your life? I can’t imagine my life without art, it helps me to express myself and just relax and be me. I always feel alive when I’m making art.
7. How are you staying creative during lockdown? Sometimes when I feel bored it’s actually good because that’s when I get creative, when I have nothing to do. Last week I set up a little art studio in our garage with my easels and art supplies. I took lots of my artworks to the garage and put them all around for inspiration. Apart from some paintings I’ve also recreated one of my little sister’s barbie dolls. I painted her face and cut her hair and made her a dress. It now looks completely different.